A firm favourite with our groups, there’s a brilliant buzz about this resort, which boasts fantastic facilities in the heart of a spectacular ski area. Adding to the excitement this season, a brand-new lift – the TirolS – links Saalbach- Hinterglemm with the Fieberbrunn ski area. Connecting two Austrian states for the first time, students can now ski the slopes in both Salzburgerland and Tirol.
When your group is ready to experience more, the Tirols link now gives students an enormous new ski area to explore, with a network of 70 lifts speeding them around a total of 270km of slopes. For adventurous lift-linked days, they can ride the brand new 10-seater gondola to Fieberbrunn to practice their turns on new blues, seek out new steeps or simple clock up their mileage on exciting new slopes and admire the stunning views across Austria.
Off the hill, the village brims with life, with après activities aplenty. Bowling at Bobby’s in the Saalbach area is always popular with our groups, as is ice-skating and curling over in Hinterglemm. For ice hockey fans, the lakeside town of Zell am See hosts major-league matches and is just 20-minutes’ drive away by bus.
Local nursery slopes mean that beginners are never far from a hot chocolate break and, with its designated mogul runs and carving trails, this is also a great resort for experienced skiers looking to learn new skills and specialist techniques.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
North, South & East
No of lifts
Yes. €2 deposit per person added to your invoice and refunded in the UK
No of runs
130km 120km 20km
90% of piste covered
Doctor in resort, Hospital in Zell Am See 20km
15 hours to resort from Calais
1.5 hours to resort from Salzburg
- Doorstep skiing for intermediate skiers
- Large recreation room
A recently renovated sole-occupancy youth hostel, in a great location in Hinterglemm.
Location: Situated high in the hamlet of Hinterglemm on the slopes, so snow conditions permitting you can ski back to the door.
Facilities:There is a large dining room and a recreation room with table tennis, TV & video facilities. Teachers have use of a private stüberl with mini bar and TV, and an adults only wellness suite.
Accommodation: The comfortable rooms accommodate typically 4 - 6 students. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, and some have balconies.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, packed lunch & three course evening meal.
- Ice hockey match
- Tyrolean Evening
- In-house entertainment
- Ski Race and Presentation
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Saalbach as a resort just keeps getting better and better, our last trip was 10/10.
Mr Brown, Party Leader, travelled April 2015