One of France’s top five resorts, Alpe d’Huez sits high on a sunny plateau in the mountains, giving you the best of both worlds: great snow and more than 300-days of sunshine a year. Sharing its huge ski area with the rustic village of Vaujany, expect breathtaking scenery and some of France’s best conditions for all abilities, while the modern lift system is one of Europe’s best.
The purpose-built town gives all the convenience school groups need, while the traditional village quarter enriches your trip with a touch of local charm. When the lifts close, it’s time to go bum boarding, ice-skating or swimming in the outdoor heated pool, while our team is on-hand with a host of exciting in-house activities.
Alpe d’Huez benefits from a nearby glacier making this resort snow-sure through-out the ski season and really does offer plenty for everyone.
Novice’s have one of Europe’s largest nursery areas at their disposal, with wide sunny slopes to help ease them into their first turns. When they’re ready to progress, both the Alpe d’Huez and Vaujany side of the ski area have a great choice of easy greens and blues, while your most experienced skiers can tackle ‘La Sarenne’ – the world’s longest black run.
The principal mountain access from the resort of Alpe d’Huez is the DMC high-speed gondola. Intermediates have a colossal range of long and varied runs to work through, and skiers with plenty of stamina can take-on the ‘8,000-metre challenge,’ skiing four runs, each with a vertical drop of 2,000m.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
Yes. €2 deposit
No of runs
43 34 40 16
900 snow cannons
Covers all lifts in Alpe D'Huez
and some activities
Doctor in resort, nearest hospital in Grenoble (63km)
Approx 2 hours from Grenoble
Approx 2.5 hours from Lyon
Approx 3 hours from Geneva
Approx 13 hours from Calais
- Bungee trampolining
- Night skiing
- Sports centre
- Ice-skating rink
- Sports centre
- Swimming pool
- Sauna and steam room
- Ice rink
- In-house entertainment
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
I have just come back from a fabulous week in Alpe D'Huez. Our first trip with Equity has been a huge success! The reps and hotel staff could not have been any more helpful - including telling us where we should go next year.
Source: Ms Spiers, Party Leader