Les Arcs offers 200km of high-altitude skiing, with the possibility of upgrading to the Paradiski pass to include La Plagne, increasing to an amazing 425km. Made up of a number of villages, Les Arcs is one of France’s ‘big hitters’ with something for everyone.
There are plenty of wide, blue runs for beginners and there are lots of nursery slopes too. The mountain village of Peisey is ideal for schools with it's quieter location down in the valley. Students can search for souvenirs in the traditional shops, including a bakery and cheese shop.
Photos courtesy of Les Arcs Tourist Office
Les Arcs offers a wide variety of slopes, above and below the tree line. All the villages have beginner areas and then blues to progress to. The slopes above Peisey Vallandry are wide and tend to be quiet. There are plenty of long, cruising reds and blues and wide bowls. There are also some fantastic woodland runs, which provide good shelter in bad weather.
Km of piste
1600m (Peisey Nancroix)
Direction of slopes
N/W, N, N/E, S/W
No of lifts
Yes. No deposit
No of runs
Peisey: 3 63 45 17 Paradiski: 12 135 77 37
Les Arcs/Peisey-Vallandry. Upgrade pass available – Paradiski.
Medical Centre in Plan Peisey
Approx 2.5 hours from Grenoble
Chalet Du Bon Air
- Traditional Alpine chalet in peaceful location
- Friendly family run, good for groups
This is a welcoming holiday centre with fantastic facilities for groups, located in the peaceful village of Nancroix.
Location:The Hotel is 3km from the lift station where groups can link to the main ski area. Groups can access La Plagne to get the full Paradiski experience and 424km of slopes (supplement payable for this pass).
Facilities: Meeting/activity room, bar/lounge, pool table, table tennis room, library, TV lounge, ski room, free ski bus for air groups.
Accommodation: 16 comfortable bedrooms, sleeping 2-6 people single beds and bunk beds, all en-Suite.
Meals: Continental breakfast, packed lunch or a hot lunch at the chalet if preferred, 3 course evening meal. Wine is included for teachers.
- Laser Tag
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
...and we are off! Beautiful Morning! Happy kids…Beginners nailed the first day :)
Source: Mrs C Waldock, Party Leader