Situated high above the old town of Briançon on the pass between France and Italy, Montgenèvre is one of the oldest resorts in France (1907) and has a wonderfully authentic and traditional feel. Your group will also benefit from being in a relatively traffic-free resort centre with lots of evening entertainment on offer.
Simply walk across the road from our hotel and you’re ready to go, with a host of lifts and nursery slopes within a minute of the front door. Montgenèvre is hugely popular due to its connection to the famous Milky Way ski circuit that links with Claviere, meaning advanced skiers can ski in France and Italy on one trip. Another local town to visit is Briançon; explore its fascinating maze of medieval streets in this 13th century fortified old town.
Ski Trip to Montgenèvre
School ski video from: Knutsford Multi Academy Trust
Find out what it’s like to spend a week on Montgenèvre at the Equity Club Rois Mages! Knutsford Multi Academy Trust travelled with Equity during February half-term 2017, and as you can see in this fantastic video, they had a wonderful time. There’s lot of fun to be had on the slopes of Montgenèvre when staying with Equity Club.
Beginners can get to grips with the basics at village level before heading further up the mountain into the large open bowls to get a sense of scale, and after a bit of practice, they can ski back at the end of the session on a long blue run.
As groups progress they move onto sweeping blues, fast reds with easy moguls and exciting paths twisting through trees. With a host of snowy bowls above the tree-line there’s plenty of variety on offer whatever your preference. Confident intermediates can ski over to Claviere and enjoy the fantastic Colletto Verde.
With a one-day Milky Way extension, advanced skiers can venture further afield to explore the endless possibilities – it’s a full day out, but well worth getting up early for!
Km of piste
110km / 400km*
Direction of slopes
North, South and West
No of lifts
Yes. €3 deposit
No of runs
8 24 40 15
245 snow cannons
Montgenèvre & Claviere, plus one-day extension to the Italian Milky Way, Serre Chevalier, Alpe d’Huez and Les Deux Alpes
Doctor in resort, nearest hospital in Briançon (15km)
Approx 1.5 hours from Turin
Approx 2.5 hours from Grenoble
Approx 14 hours from Calais
Club Le Rois Mages
- Great hotel with a good range of facilities
- Sun terrace overlooking the slopes
- Dedicated ClubHotel Customer Service staff
- Ideal location next to the slopes
This Club has a great location situated in the heart of Montgenèvre. It is directly opposite the slopes and enjoys marvelous views of the village, the ski slopes and the race piste. There is a large reception area and a lounge area with spacious restaurant and café with sun terrace. On the lower level there is a large entertainments room which has its own student bar, lounge and games. All rooms are clean and modern, and all have private facilities- a bath with shower and wash basin. Beds are either singles or bunks. Some rooms offer balconies with fantastic views.
Breakfast: Buffet breakfast.
Lunch: Either a buffet or two courses.
Dinner: Enjoy a three course meal; starter, main and dessert.
- Skidoo ride with hot chocolate/crèpe in Claviere
Ski Fit and Storage:
Ski fit takes place at the hotel with our in-house ski technician. All of our technicians are Salomon qualified and will ensure each member of your group gets the right fit. There is a locker for every bedroom. Helmet hire is included free of charge.
Our Clubs offer 24 hour assistance from our English speaking staff and the Rois Mages has a night porter to assist staff with any issues or enquiries.
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Everything was organised well from booking to our time in resort. We found all staff had the right level of training and experience
Ms Weir, Party Leader, travelled to Montgenèvre February 2016