Morzine is a traditional Haute Savoie village with a typically French ambience: fine chalet buildings, a good variety of shops, a weekly market and genuinely friendly bars. Being one of the twelve resorts that form the immense Portes du Soleil ski circuit, you can access over 600km of piste through 208 ski lifts and two countries.
Set at a lower altitude, Morzine shares its forested slopes with Les Gets, where the highest peaks give stunning views of Mont Blanc. With one of our shortest transfer times from Geneva, you’ll arrive in resort just over an hour after leaving the airport. A club can be hired exclusively for our groups for early private discos.
A top choice for beginners and intermediates, the Portes du Soleil ski circuit straddles the France-Swiss border, taking in almost 280 pistes. The local skiing is excellent and Morzine’s 64 local runs are more than enough to keep most skiers busy for the week.
While beginners perfect their snow ploughs on the treelined blues, intermediates can carve across the reds in Les Gets and cruise along undulating runs back to the village, leaving advanced skiers to tackle the World Cup descent or clock-up some Portes du Soleil ski miles.
Advanced skiers, with the extended pass, will also appreciate the extensive domain of the Portes du Soleil and a trip to Avoriaz is highly recommended. The area has hosted the Snowboarding World Cup – there are specially designed snow parks in both Morzine and Les Gets and the range of blue and red runs will keep snowboarders challenged all week. The lift pass included in our tour price covers the Morzine/Les Gets ski area. The Portes du Soleil pass is available at a supplement.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
Yes. €3 deposit
No of runs
5 23 27 9
60 snow cannons
Morzine and Les Gets included. Portes du Soleil is available at a supplement
Doctor in resort, hospitals in Thonon and Evian.
Approx 12 hours from Calais
Centre de Vacances Chalet L’Escalade
- Excellent facilities
- Comfortable rooms
This centre is run by an enthusiastic young French couple, who go out of their way to look after their guests. Perfect for groups either wishing to ski in Morzine or Avoriaz<
Location: The centre is situated in the hamlet of Montriond, just 1 km from the centre of Morzine village. Morzine is a lively and friendly town with brilliant amenities.
Facilities: There are plenty of amenities such as four activity rooms which can be utilised for all evening activities, a DVD room with projector and screen and table tennis facilities, plus a disco room. The restaurant is welcoming with great views.
Accommodation: There are 32 rooms on 3 floors. The rooms are comfortable and attractive and most have en-suite facilities, though a number have shared facilities between 2 or 3 rooms. Please note that it is not possible to guarantee that single rooms will be available at busy times.
Meals: Breakfast and dinner are served in on-site, whilst groups also have a packed lunch.
- Ice hockey match
- Crèpe night
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
...and we are off! Beautiful Morning! Happy kids…Beginners nailed the first day :)
Source: Mrs C Waldock, Party Leader