Set in the Southern Alps, Pra Loup’s sunny weather, laid back vibe and family friendly focus make it a great choice for school ski trips. A purpose-built resort made up of two villages, Pra Loup 1600 has a good choice of shops and cafes, while Pra Loup 1500 is more peaceful. The Espace Lumière ski area has been well designed to maximise your ski time and, When each ski day is done, there’s the local ice-rink and cinema to enjoy, as well as plenty of après-ski activities to keep your group entertained.
More popular with French families than English crowds, Pra Loup also gives school groups an opportunity to immerse themselves in the local culture and brush up on their language skills, while the low-key nightlife means that everyone can get a good night’s sleep.
Pra Loup’s ski area appeals to all abilities. The village-level nursery slopes are a relaxing place to get started and, when it’s time to progress, a network of blues sweeps from the top of the mountain down to Pra Loup 1600.
Experienced skiers have plenty of reds and the odd black run to challenge themselves on, while the resort’s long open pistes provide ample space to progress. Reliable snowfall and some France’s best snowmaking facilities keep the pistes topped up all season, and the low-level tree runs makes skiing back to base easier in bad weather.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
No of runs
11 27 34 8
252 snow cannons
Doctor in resort
Approx 15 hours from Calais
Residence Soleil Vacances
- Modern apartments with stylish decor
- Minutes from the ski lifts and shops
Les bergers is an ideal choice for school groups, offering excellent facilities, close to shops and amenities.
Location: Ideal for school groups, your stylish apartments sit in the lower part of Pra Loup. 300-metres from the ski lifts and slopes, and even closer to the shops and amenities. There is also a free shuttle bus that runs regularly to take groups to the slopes.
Facilities: Built in 2012, these modern apartments are well-equipped for quiet evenings in, with living areas and flat screen TVs, tables for playing cards and optional WiFi (extra cost).
Accommodation: Students stay in 4-5 person apartments with private bathrooms, kitchen/living areas and ski storage.
Meals: Buffet breakfasts and dinners are taken in the hotel opposite, with optional wine for teachers. Lunches are served in a mountain restaurant, adding to the alpine experience.
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
A hidden gem that’s perfect for younger groups because of its pedestrianised village and easy access to evening activities.
Mark, Equity Operations Manager for Western Europe