Expect big grins all round for choosing Risoul – with its authentic French ambience, traditional markets and beautiful setting in the Forêt Blanche, it’s a magical and enriching base for school groups. Even better, the excellent snow record and extensive snowmaking facilities mean good conditions all season, while its Southern Alps location gives long, sunny days on piste.
Uncrowded and unspoilt, the local ski area is ideal for all abilities, and almost every run returns to the village, so getting lost is almost impossible.
Compact, calm, almost traffic free with plenty of welcoming shops, the safe town centre gets the thumbs up from students. Off the slopes, they could be skating across the ice-rink and trying traditional French crêpes, or bumboarding back down the slopes before returning to the hotel for big mugs of hot chocolate. It’s also possible to travel to Briançon for bowling and swimming.
Encouraged by expert ESF ski instructors, first-timers can get started on the wide, sunny nursery slopes, before practicing their speed control on the gentle greens.
Chairlifts lead higher into the mountains where improvers and intermediates can follow the reds and blues all the way back down to village-level, while the resort’s ten black runs give more than enough challenge for confident skiers. From the top of l’Homme de Pierre, it is possible to complete a circuit around the perimeter of the bowl of Risoul. There is also a fantastic link to Vars and its extensive ski area.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
Yes. €2 deposit
No of runs
14 45 38 10
116 snow cannons
Risoul and Vars
Doctor in resort, nearest hospital in Briançon (35km)
Approx 3.5 hours from Grenoble
Approx 15 hours from Calais
Club Le Morgan
- Fantastic facilities for groups
- Central location, close to the slopes
- Quiet and safe resort
- Dedicated Club Customer Service staff
Our Club Le Morgan in Risoul offers a fantastic location in the heart of this quiet and traditional resort. There’s a small terrace at the front of the hotel so you can catch some sun after skiing. A small games room on the 4th floor has a TV, DVD player and arcade games which is great for groups as it’s completely separate from the downstairs bar, which has a pool table and satellite TV.
The rooms consist of bunk-beds in the entrance hall and twin beds or a double in the main sleeping area, separated by a door. Most rooms are quads, but a handful can accommodate 5 pupils if required. All rooms have private toilet and bathroom with bath or shower. Adults are accommodated in twin/double or triple rooms.
Breakfast: Continental buffet breakfast.
Lunch: Either a buffet or two courses.
Dinner: Enjoy a three course meal; starter, main and dessert.
- Crèpe night
Ski Fit and Storage:
Ski fit takes place at the hotel with our in-house ski technician. All of our technicians are Salomon qualified and will ensure each member of your group gets the right fit. There is a locker for every bedroom. Helmet hire is included free of charge.
Our Clubs offer 24 hour assistance from our English speaking staff and benefit from having a night porter to assist staff with any issues or enquiries.
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Risoul is a quiet resort perfect for beginners and intermediates... a very safe resort and reasonably traffic free.
Ms Burnett, Party Leader, travelled to Risoul January 2016