Europe’s highest Alpine town Briançon is known for its maze of medieval streets, friendly atmosphere and World Heritage landmarks. Distinct from other ski resorts, this working town has a local theatre, choice of cinemas and several museums – one specialising in ski history. France’s first ski school was established here in 1902 and the ancient old town is a historic place for students to explore, with its sundials, cobbled streets and UNESCO-listed walls.
After a day on the slopes, there’s plenty to keep your group entertained. Students love the waterfalls and slides at the indoor fun pool, or you could cheer on a team at the local ice-hockey rink. There’s also sightseeing and shopping in the town itself, plus a choice of in-house activities, from group games and discos to relaxing film nights.
Briançon’s ski area sits in a south-facing valley beneath stunning peaks in the Ecrins National Park. Set at the far end of the Serre Chevalier piste network, it has a reputation for sunny weather. Perfect for beginners and intermediates, there are easy greens to practice your turns on, while the challenging ‘Vauban’ red run brings confident skiers all the way back into town.
At higher altitude, the views are breathtaking and, with greens and blues above the tree line, even beginners can enjoy the best scenery. Lower down, tree-lined slopes meander through a beautiful, protected forest area.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
North and Northeast & East
No of lifts
Yes. €3 deposit.
No of runs
17 25 32 15
575 snow cannons
Serre Chevalier Valley
Doctor & Hospital in resort,
Approx 2 hours from Turin
Approx 2.5 hours from Grenoble
Approx 15 hours from Calais
- 250km of piste
- Central location in the heart of the famous resort of Serre Chevalier
- Fantastic communal areas including a sun terrace
- Dedicated Club Customer Service staff
- Free WiFi access in all communal areas for party leaders
The hotel is ideally situated on a quiet cul-de-sac in Serre Chevalier Chantermerle, next door to the brand new telecabine ratier lift, which will take you to the main ski area - excellent for beginner skiers as they are able to get up the mountain and back down in safety. The ski area of Serre Chevalier is a bit of a hidden secret. Regularly rated in the top 10 in Europe, it has a superb mix of high alpine motorway skiing, tree runs, gentle plateaus as well as Olympic standard pistes. Entertainment including a bowling alley, ice rink, local shops, restaurants and bars are all conveniently within 5-10 mins walking distance from the Club.
Bedrooms are located across three floors and all have full en-suite facilities. The majority of rooms accommodate 3-6 students. Adults are accommodated in twin, double or triple rooms. We strive to ensure that individual groups are roomed close together, making supervision much easier. The hotel facilities include a large reception, dining and relaxing lounge area with a private bar and a sun terrace overlooking the Luc Alphand piste and the ski area.
Breakfast: Your buffet breakfast includes cereal, croissants, breads, cold meats and cheeses and a selection of jams.
Lunch: Lunch is a buffet or two courses, perhaps soup or pasts followed by dessert, cheese or fruit.
Dinner: Three courses consisting of a starter, main and dessert.
- Ice Hockey Match
- Medieval Town Visit
Ski Fit and Storage:
Ski fit takes place at the hotel with our in-house ski technician. All of our technicians are Salomon qualified and will ensure each member of your group gets the right fit. There is a locker for every bedroom. Helmet hire is included free of charge.
Our Clubs offer 24 hour assistance from our English speaking staff and benefit from having a night porter to assist staff with any issues or enquiries.
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
I have just come back from a fabulous week in Alpe D'Huez. Our first trip with Equity has been a huge success! The reps and hotel staff could not have been any more helpful - including telling us where we should go next year.
Source: Ms Spiers, Party Leader