A quiet resort in one of the Southern Alps’ largest ski areas, SuperDévoluy is a great choice for schools. Purpose-built with superb piste access, Swing open the hotel doors and you’re within minutes of the lifts. The beautiful peak of the Pic de Bure is an inspiring backdrop for each day’s skiing, while the uncrowded pistes help to boost everyone’s confidence.
Linking to the neighbouring resort of La Joue du Loup, the lift system is super-efficient and snow cannons help to keep the pistes in excellent condition. There's plenty to do for après-ski, your group can watch the weekly torchlit descent, and eat crèpes to their heart’s content.
Sharing the ski area with La Joue du Loup, most of the runs are rated easy or intermediate, with varied terrain that give plenty of scope for mixed ability groups. For first-timers, the nursery slopes are conveniently located at village-level, where they can learn the basics before trying out their skills on the gentle blues and easy greens running from the top of the Chaumettes chair.
Confident skiers can experience the resort from top to bottom as they conquer their fears on the high altitude blacks and finish on the flowing blues that run back towards the village.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
Mostly North and Northeast
No of lifts
Yes. €3 deposit
No of runs
9 27 14 5
Doctor in resort, hospital in Gap (40km)
Approx 2.5 hours from Grenoble
Approx 14 hours from Calais
Hotel Club Chalets Margot
- Convenient location close to lifts and resort centre
- Great facilities
The Hotel Club Chalets Margot offers a good standard of accommodation and easy access to both the skiing and resort amenities. A convenient choice for school groups.
Location: Located at the bottom of the slopes next to the lifts, offering the convenience of doorstep skiing, and is only a 5 minute walk from the town centre.
Facilities: The hotel’s facilities are excellent for our groups, including a games room with table football, pool and table tennis, whilst a sunny terrace offers picturesque views across the resort. There are also spa facilities available for teachers and an outdoor pool.
Accommodation: The rooms are comfortable with en-suite facilities and accommodate 3-4 pupils. All rooms are equipped with TV, hairdryer, minibar and telephone.
Meals: The hotel serves a continental breakfast, hot lunch and full evening meal in the restaurant.
- Torchlit descents
- Crèpe night
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
The 26 ski lifts of Superdévoluy are able to uplift 2250 skiers/snowboarders per hour ensuring groups get around the mountain with ease.
Jonny, Equity Ski Manager