Divided into five villages, Tignes shares the Espace Killy ski area with neighbouring Val d’Isere and the extensive lift pass allows your school group to ski both resorts. Our hotel is in Tignes Le Lac. This lively area has plenty of shops and restaurants plus a sports centre for evening activities including a swimming pool with waterslides. It also has runs into the village making it an extremely convenient choice for skiers.
Home to some of Europe’s highest slopes, snow cover is exceptional and the Grande Motte glacier stays open for skiing all year. Fast chairs and gondolas ferry your students around the slopes and the funicular train rockets them to the glacier in seven minutes. Attracting everyone from first-timers to professional freeriders, Tignes is also a great place to find inspiration and ski your first runs.
Combining the ski areas of Tignes and Val d’Isère, the full Espace Killy lift pass offers over 300km of piste making this big-name ski area a fantastic choice for school groups. With a handful of green runs and a good range of blues, most are content with the local slopes, while an all-areas pass means more choice for improvers.
Espace Killy comes into its own when beneath the skis of intermediates, who can whizz down the reds, tackle un-groomed blacks and ski into Val d’Isere via the 1992 Olympic downhill. The exposed slopes add extra challenge when the weather closes in but the panoramas on clear days promise big grins and great photos.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
Mostly East and Southeast
No of lifts
No of runs
20 67 40 26
974 snow cannons
Tignes and Val d’Isere ski areas
Doctor in resort, hospital in Bourg Saint Maurice (22km)
3 hours from Geneva, 4 hours from Grenoble or 13 hours from Calais (Approx)
L’oree du Lac
- Modern interior
- Central location to explore resort
The Hotel L’oree du Lac is a great option for your group, providing a good standard of accommodation, short walk to the slopes and en-suite rooms.
Capacity: 36 rooms
Location: A short walk to the slopes, no more than 10 minutes and central location in resort.
Facilities:The hotel has a games room for students and WiFi.
Accommodation: The en-suite rooms sleep 2-4 pupils.
Meals: Full board offered at hotel, normally with a picnic lunch on the slopes. Hot lunch at hotel available on request.
- BBQ night
Europe Price Package:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include coach to airport from school and overseas coach transfers)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Tignes was perfect for beginners and the developed skiers in the staff party. Perfect amenities in town which were close to the hotel.
Source: Party Leader