A host resort in the 2006 Winter Olympics, you can expect world-class ski facilities in Bardonecchia. Lift queues are rare in this mixed-ability resort, which has Olympic facilities and a first rate ski school, ensuring it’s an exception choice for school ski groups. This welcoming resort sits near the French border in the stunning Susa Valley and has a friendly old quarter where students can spend their Euros in the local shops.
After each day’s skiing, there is plenty going on, with a sports centre, indoor swimming pool and ice-rink on hand, as well as in-house games and quizzes delivered by our team. We’ve also got karaoke, pizza nights or a disco to choose from, so you can expect just as much fun off the slopes as on.
You can rely on Bardonecchia’s superb instructors to coax beginners onto the nursery slopes in the Campo Smith ski area, where they can perfect their snow ploughs before progressing higher. The best reds are found at altitude, while scenic blues traverse the mid-section.
There is plenty to challenge the more adventurous types and your best skiers can zigzag down narrow forested pistes or carve across wide slopes between the region’s five peaks. Towards the end of your week, confident skiers can aim for the high altitude and village-level blacks, or the Fisi 50 downhill run, which was used in the 2006 Olympics.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
Mostly North (Colomion) and West (Jafferau)
No of lifts
Yes. €5 added to final invoice and refundable in UK.
No of runs
16 18 5
137 snow cannons
Medical centre situated on the outskirts of Bardonecchia, Hospital in Bardonecchia
Approx 1 hour from Turin
Approx 14 hours from Calais
- Ideal location close to the ski lifts and base
- Fantastic range of on-site facilities
Part of the Athletes Village at the 2006 Winter Olympic Games, the Villaggio Olimpico underwent significant upgrading works in 2007 to increase both the level of comfort of the accommodation and the hotel’s facilities. Yet its Olympic sporting legacy lives on with sports facilities including an on-site swimming pool with lifeguard, sauna, Turkish bath, gym and dressing rooms.
Capacity: 310 rooms
Location: A short walk from the Campo Smith base lodge, and 10 minutes from the town centre.
Facilities:In addition to the sports complex, the Olimpico has a choice of large recreation and games rooms including table-tennis and pool tables, a PlayStation room, giant screen theatre, a piano bar and an on-site nightclub.
Accommodation: The hotel is comfortably furnished and has 310 bedrooms each accommodating 2-4 people. All rooms have private facilities including hairdryers and TV.
Meals: Buffet style breakfast, hot lunch and evening dinner are all served in various on-site cafeteria.
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
(We have) travelled with Equity for over 30 years and feel customer loyalty is valued
Source: Mr M Land, Party Leader
OTHER ITALIAN SCHOOL SKI TRIPS