On a sunny plateau above the Trentino valley, Folgaria is a well-established resort and an ideal location for school groups. With its authentic Italian ambience, Folgaria offers your group a fantastic ski experience, enriched with local culture. This resort shares its ski area with several smaller villages offering extensive terrain for mixed abilities. Snow quality is excellent and the resort boasts great snowmaking, top-notch piste grooming, and tree-lined runs.
Off the slopes, there’s plenty going on in Folgaria and the surrounding villages, including indoor ice-skating, swimming and traditional pizza nights. The resort’s pedestrianised centre is a safe place for students to explore in their free time, contributing to it being one of our most popular Italian resorts.
Novice skiers can get started on the nursery slopes, learning how to control their speed and make their first turns before taking their new found skills higher up the mountain.
Improvers and intermediates are looked after particularly well in Folgaria, with beautiful tree-lined blues and long reds which flow through the Ortesino, Fondo Grande and Costa ski areas. Encouraged by enthusiastic instructors, confident skiers have plenty of piste to play with, and have the option of connecting with the neighbouring ski areas of Francolini, Fondo Piccolo and Serrada.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
Yes. €5 dep.
No of runs
19 16 1
Doctor in resort, hospital in Roveretto (20km)
Approx 1.5 hours from Verona
Approx 17 hours from Calais
- Large public areas
- Great location next to piste
- Austrian Stüberl-style bar area
An excellent hotel offering doorstep skiing and good facilities, the Martinella is always a popular and successful hotel with our groups.
Location: Located in the Serrada village, the hotel is directly at the bottom of a blue run and next to both a chairlift and beginners magic carpet, whilst the village shops are also nearby.
Facilities: The Martinella is a prominent building near the centre of this traditional village. Recently refurbished, the hotel is modern, clean and comfortable and has large and pleasant public areas including an Austrian-type cellar bar.
Accommodation: The rooms are spacious and all have private facilities, TV and telephone. Overall, this hotel works really well with British school groups.
Meals: The hotel provides breakfast, hot lunches and a cooked evening meal, all served in the spacious restaurant.
Hotel Four Seasons
- Family-run hotel
- Convenient location village centre
A traditional family-run hotel situated in the pedestrianised village centre, close to shops and evening entertainments.
Location: On the cobbled main street, just 5 minutes on foot to the sports centre and 5 minutes by coach to the nearest ski-lifts.
Facilities: A large restaurant overlooking the village can be used for evening entertainments, and a recreation room downstairs is also available for our groups.
Accommodation: Rooms sleep 2-4 pupils, are well-furnished and have en-suite facilities.
Meals: Breakfast and evening meal served in the hotel restaurant. A packed lunch is provided, or you can upgrade to hot lunches in a hotel slopeside for a supplement.
- Doorstep skiing
- Comfortable rooms
A traditional family-run hotel built by the owners' parents with a quirky sense of style.
Location: Right by the nursery slopes in the Fondo Grande area.
Facilities: A large dining room, a TV room and bar area suitable for in-house entertainments.
Accommodation: Rooms are cosy and comfortable and have en-suite facilities. Six rooms have Austrian style beds. Most rooms have balconies.
Meals: Breakfast and evening meal. A packed lunch is provided, or you can upgrade to hot lunches for a supplement.
- Indoor ice-skating
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
A gem within the Dolomite region, offering outstanding value for money.
Source: Michaela, Senior Equity Ski Specialist