Your Safety is our priority
We live by a simple principle “Make it fun but make it safe”, perhaps one reason why almost half a million young people have travelled with Equity and all have returned home safely.
All our holidays are financially protected and we hold all the relevant accreditations so you don't have to worry about anything. Our safety management procedures have been devised over many years and we are confident that they set a benchmark within the industry.
Our staff undertake regular Health & Safety training and our policies are subject to external scrutiny and are constantly reviewed by independent experts to keep pace with best practice. In addition all of our staff are CRB checked including all our resort and head office staff.Download 'Health & Safety' Booklet
Safety Management System
Prepared for Head teachers and School Governors, our policy details the processes and management systems that we have put into place to safeguard your group during your stay.
Our Safety Management Systems are audited by external bodies and include sample risk assessments as well as inspection standards and processes.
We have a Health and Safety Manager who oversees all our hotel audits and works closely with Outdoor Education Advisors across the country.Download our 'Health & Safety' Policy
Tour Operator Public Liability Insurance
Our duty of care to you includes having Tour Operator Public Liability insurance cover (quadruple the minimum standard) at £20 million.Download Tour Operator Public Liability Insurance >>
We have undertaken to carry out a SMS Accommodation Audit on all of the properties featured in this website. This is a thorough audit covering essential areas of security, hygiene and fire safety. The frequency and detail of the audits is set by the School Travel Forum.
At Equity the safety of our customers is always our primary concern. As part of our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of Health & Safety we audit every property we feature using the Safety Management Standards outlined by the School Travel Forum. Audits are completed at regular intervals to check that all accommodation conforms to the necessary standards. If at any time a property is found to pose a high safety risk to our customers then it will not be used – it’s as simple as that.
Our Safety checks include the following:
- Emergency Procedures
- Fire Precaution
- Means of escape in case of fire
- Guest Security
- General Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Staff Training and Awareness
- Medical Facilities
- Ski Equipment
We also ensure that hygiene levels are kept to the highest standard possible.
24 Hour Support
You can rely on us to get it right in the first place but should the unexpected happen we have the knowledge and the resources to resolve any issues.
Our overseas team are always available should you need them; they have the experience to deal with any situations that may arise and are trained to deal with situations calmly and effectively.
We also operate a Duty Office on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Duty Office is staffed by an experienced team who have full details of your tour and can deal efficiently with any problems.
We recognise the commitment in running a school ski trip and can offer you many tools to assist in the completion of risk assessments and other paperwork. Equity has a strong Safety Management System in place which will help you complete your risk assessment.
We can also offer assistance with paperwork required by your Local Authority as well as an Inspection Visit to get to know the area and complete your specific risk assessment. We recommend the School Travel Forum’s Demystifying Risk Assessments.
You can rely on us to get it right in the first place but should the unexpected happen we have the knowledge and the resources to resolve any issues. Once you are on tour, Equity staff are on duty night and day, equipped with full details of your tour and ready to go into action if you need us. Our support service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so you can rely on us in the event of any problems.
Until further notice, we have put in place specific procedures for the safety of all our groups and as part of our normal business operations. Typically, these procedures may include but are not limited to:
- Social distancing measures (currently 2m in England but this varies from country to country); distancing can be for example in guest dining areas with one-way systems and use of a same seat policy throughout trips.
- Personal hygiene measures encouraged for staff and guests throughout their trip i.e. frequent washing of hands and/or use of numerous hand sanitisers in key locations and touch points, luggage handling procedures and single use headsets.
- Effective sanitisation measures and regular sanitising of hand touch points and luggage, sanitisation confirmation stickers, contactless payments, contactless or off-site check-in/out points.
- Cleaning and disinfection measures for guest accommodation, coach cabins and seating areas which are cleaned with effective COVID-19 chemicals.
- PPE (personal protective equipment) measures will be provided by Equity and face masks to be worn within accommodation areas, onboard flights, public transport and coach hire are essential.
- Limited capacity/attendee measures at public gatherings and in enclosed spaces.
- Health check measures procedures in place on-site to regularly symptom/temperature check guests and staff with possible isolation/quarantine measures in place for any suspected infection.
Please refer to our Health & Safety booklet for more information.
We hope the information above answers all your questions, but if there is anything else we can help you with contact us online to ask a question or call 01273 622 111 and we will be happy to help!