Set in the beautiful Austrian Alps the vast area of Ski Amadé awaits. This skiers’ paradise stretches across 2 federal states (Styria and Salzburg) and comprises of 5 regions, 25 resorts, 270 modern lifts and cable cars and a staggering 760km of perfectly groomed slopes all combined under one lift pass.
In the heart of Ski Amadé lies the picturesque Salzburger Sportwelt that has seen a brilliant improvement for the winter season 2021/22. The new 10-person Panorama Link cable car is now connecting the Grießenkareck mountain with the Shuttleberg in Kleinarl-Flachauwink bringing together the 3 renowned ski areas of Snowspace Salzburg, Shuttleberg Kleinarl-Flachauwinkl and Zauchensee-Flachauwinkl meaning that our groups staying here can now enjoy a fantastic 210 km of interlinked pistes and 70 modern lifts with snow security from December until Easter. The huge choice of ski slopes caters for all abilities from a complete beginner up to expert skiers.
Wherever you base yourselves here, there’s plenty to look forward to in the evenings as well, from quizzes and ice-skating to slides and whirlpools in the two local waterparks.
Our Wagrain groups can find their feet on the beginner runs while intermediates hop on the Flying Mozart gondola for access to the upper slopes, where the futuristic G-LINK lift connects the two mountain peaks Grafenberg and Griessenkareck. Groups staying in Alpendorf will enjoy its wide blue and red runs and soon progress to other areas in this large resort.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
270 Whole Area
Yes. €3 per person added to invoice (refunded in UK)
No of runs
275 390 95
2700m Dachstein Glacier
Yes, extensive facilities
Whole Amadé Ski Region
Several doctors in the area, Hospital in Schwarzach
15 hours from Calais to resort
1.5 hours from Salzburg to resort
- Direct access to slopes
- Fantastic in-house facilities
A sought after hotel which offers a high standard of accommodation and superb in-house facilities. Efficiently run by the Riepler family, this is a favourite of our groups.
Location: Just 1km from the centre of Wagrain and a short walk from “Flying Mozart” high speed gondola to the Wagrainerhaus - the starting point of numerous runs. At the front of the hotel are nursery slopes and an arrival point back from the main pistes.
Facilities: Extensive in-house facilities, which include a sports hall (30m x 20m), games room and an entertainment room for discos etc. Within the grounds, your group can ice-skate and use the curling rink. Sauna and solarium for teachers is available at a small charge.
Accommodation: Bedrooms are for 4 - 8 students with bunk beds and all have shower and WC.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, packed lunch & three course evening meal.
- Wagrain Waterworld
- Ice Skating
- Pizza night
- Ice Hockey
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Stayed as part of a secondary school trip with a load of kids, and must say it was an ideal hotel / resort. The hotel is about 200 meters from the chair lifts and drag lift. It is possible to ski back to the hotel.
Source: TripAdvisor review, January 2016
OTHER AUSTRIAN SCHOOL SKI TRIPS