A little-known gem on the Italian border, Nassfeld has a long list of credentials: the largest resort in Carinthia province, it’s home to the Millennium Express – the Alp’s longest cable car – and its north-facing, high altitude slopes mean superb snow.
With 30 state-of-the-art cable cars and lifts and over 100km of slopes catering to all levels of expertise, Nassfeld enjoys a reputation as one of the largest, most attractive and snowy ski areas in Austria. Its popularity with UK schools has grown steadily over the years but it’s still very much an undiscovered gem in the mainstream ski market. Extensive evening activities ensure students are kept occupied where after each ski day students can re-group in the hotel.
Expect broad smiles from beginners who can steady their nerves on the wide and shallow nursery slopes at Sonnleiten ski village. There’s more than enough piste for intermediates to perfect their skills on, with a huge range of red runs traversing the mountainsides, sweeping down the ridges and funneling through the tree-lined gorges.
Full of fun, the ski area is riddled with surprises, which include designated photo spots and, when your students are ready for the next level, Nassfeld has a decent range of challenging runs for them to conquer their fears on.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
Yes. €5 deposit added to your invoice, refunded in the UK
No of runs
30 69 11
Doctor in resort, Hospital in Villach
17 hours to resort from Calais
3 hours to resort from Salzburg
- One of the best restaurants in the region
- Very high standard of accommodation
The Hotel Erlenhof is an impressive 3 star property set in its own grounds, offering a warm welcome and superb service. A firm favourite with our groups.
Location: Situated in the pretty village of Kötschach-Mauthen, about 25 minutes by coach from the Millennium Express in Tröpolach.
Facilities:The restaurant is renowned as one of the best in the region. The hotel has a function room for evening entertainments, an on-site curling rink and a sauna for teachers.
Accommodation: Spacious bedrooms accommodate up to 6 students, all are decorated to a very high standard and have en-suite facilities. Teachers are accommodated in twin rooms.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, packed lunch & three course evening meal. There is also a pizza night included.
- Purpose-built Youth hotel in the village of Tröpolach
- 300m from the lift
The Jugendsporthotel Leitner is a popular purpose-built youth hotel offering comfortable accommodation for our groups, many of whom return year after year.
Location: Located close to the centre of the village of Tröpolach, the "Millennium Express" gondola is just 300m from the door!
Facilities:Large self-service restaurants, disco room with sound system, games room with table tennis, pool table, table football and arcade games. There is also a sauna for teachers available free of charge, three full size sports halls and a reception area with a small shop.
Accommodation: Bedrooms sleep up to 7 pupils in bunk beds with private facilities. The hotel is divided over three areas with separate dining and recreation rooms.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, hot or packed lunch & three course evening meal.
- Pizza Night
- In-house entertainment
- Ski Race and Presentation
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service, fully comprehensive travel insurance and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Fully comprehensive travel insurance (optional) includes:
- Ski breakage insurance
- Snow guarantee insurance
- Travel delay assistance
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
The food and hospitality were excellent. We would highly recommend.
Source: Party Leader
110km of piste with an excellent selection of runs for every ability. With the added bonus of beginners being able to start half way up the mountain.
Source: Nicole, Product Delivery Specialist