Host to the 2013 World Cup, you know the ski facilities in Schladming are world-class. Recently upgraded, a shiny new system of chairs and gondolas whisks you around the fantastic ski area of tree-lined pistes and snow-sure, north-facing slopes. What’s more, with top-notch snowmaking, perfectly groomed trails and encouraging instructors, expect great progression and big smiles from every student.
The range of skiing in the Schladming-Dachstein area is extensive, with 77 lifts and over 167km of well-prepared piste. Schladming itself, with its 4 interconnecting mountains Planai, Hauser Kaibling, Hochwurzen and Reiteralm, has 117km of groomed pistes. This is where most of our school groups ski during their stay.
One of 29 resorts in the enormous Amadé ski alliance, the exciting town of Schladming makes a great base for your group. There’s plenty to do off the slopes, with Austrian skittles and thrilling ski shows most Sunday evenings.
Well-organised nursery zones and gentle blues create a stress free learning ground for beginners, who can master their skiing technique on beautifully groomed slopes.
Skiers who can already link their turns have the run of the mountain, with stacks of choice in the Schladming area, including winding tracks through thick forest and a long run through the Hochwurzen Valley. Advanced skiers will enjoy the challenge of Planai’s championship downhill course and its exhilarating steep final straight.
Km of piste
Schladming - 122km
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
Yes. €3 per person added to invoice and refunded in the UK
No of runs
46km 68km 8km
Whole Amadé Ski Region
Doctor in resort
16 hours to Resort from Calais
- Beautiful hotel, great for school groups
- All rooms with private facilities
The Reisslerhof is a lovely hotel with loads of facilities and a high standard of accommodation. This attractive chalet hotel is in two parts, connected via an underground walkway. Its official standard is three star, but we think it’s well in the upper range of this category.
Facilities:Lounge with projector and large screen, indoor swimming pool, big sauna with steam bath, bowling alley, large dining room for disco parties and meeting and table tennis.
Accommodation: All bedrooms have private facilities. Three of the apartments sleep six in two separate bedrooms, and the fourth sleeps seven in three bedrooms.
Meals: Buffet breakfast, packed lunch and three course dinner.
- Tyrolean Evening
- In-house entertainment
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
The ski school in Schladming was very well organised and got all the students skiing to a good standard.
Mr Young, Party Leader, travelled February 2015