Set in the Southern Alps, Pra Loup’s sunny weather, laid back vibe and family friendly focus make it a great choice for school ski trips. A purpose-built resort made up of two villages, Pra Loup 1600 has a good choice of shops and cafes, while Pra Loup 1500 is more peaceful. The Espace Lumière ski area has been well designed to maximise your ski time and, When each ski day is done, there’s the local ice-rink and cinema to enjoy, as well as plenty of après-ski activities to keep your group entertained.
More popular with French families than English crowds, Pra Loup also gives school groups an opportunity to immerse themselves in the local culture and brush up on their language skills, while the low-key nightlife means that everyone can get a good night’s sleep.
Pra Loup’s ski area appeals to all abilities. The village-level nursery slopes are a relaxing place to get started and, when it’s time to progress, a network of blues sweeps from the top of the mountain down to Pra Loup 1600.
Experienced skiers have plenty of reds and the odd black run to challenge themselves on, while the resort’s long open pistes provide ample space to progress. Reliable snowfall and some France’s best snowmaking facilities keep the pistes topped up all season, and the low-level tree runs makes skiing back to base easier in bad weather.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
No of lifts
No of runs
11 27 34 8
252 snow cannons
Doctor in resort
Approx 15 hours from Calais
Chalet Les Blancs
- Lovely, chalet style accommodation with an indoor pool.
- A few metres from the Mondales gondola.
A welcoming hotel in a peaceful location, with easy access to skiing.The 33 traditional rooms include duplex accommodation and all feature private facilities.
Capacity: 33 rooms
Location: Pra Loup 1500, a few metres from the gondola, linking up to the main ski area.
Facilities: Small indoor swimming pool (no lifeguard). Wellness centre with sauna,spa and fitness area. Restaurant and bar.
Rooms sleep 2-5 people and feature duplex accommodation.Some rooms have direct access to the outside. All rooms have their own ski locker. Wi-Fi included
Meals: Continental breakfast, hot lunch and 3 course evening meal.
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
A hidden gem that’s perfect for younger groups because of its pedestrianised village and easy access to evening activities.
Mark, Equity Operations Manager for Western Europe
OTHER FRENCH SCHOOL SKI TRIPS