Home to three main villages and the historic town of Briançon, the Serre Chevalier Valley is an exciting ski area for schools. With direct slope access, our hotel sits in the calm and picturesque village of Chantemerle. Easy for students to explore, the sunny ski area stretches above the hotel, with interconnecting ski areas. Chantemerle is a small and safe traditional ski village with shops, restaurants and bars all at the bottom of the famous Luc Alphand ski run.
Once they’ve kicked off their ski boots, your group have a choice of après activities: there’s a bowling alley, village centre and thermal baths at Monetier or historic streets at Briançon to discover.
The fifth biggest ski resort in France, Serre Chevalier has something for everyone. Beginners have plenty of scope, with nursery slopes at mid-station to gain confidence on as well as easy greens at altitude, meaning they can ski the whole mountain. Fast lifts or shuttle buses connect each ski area and village. A third of the ski area is tree-lined, making navigation easier even when it’s snowing.
Intermediates love the sense of travel as they whizz around the sunny slopes, taking the lead from their instructors to push their skiing to the next level.
Km of piste
Direction of slopes
North and Northwest
No of lifts
Yes. €3 deposit
No of runs
13 26 29 13
575 snow cannons
Serre Chevalier Valley
Doctor in resort, nearest hospital in Briançon (20km)
Approx 2 hours from Turin
Approx 2.5 hours from Grenoble
Approx 14 hours from Calais
Contact us for accommodation options in this area.
- Thermal spa baths
Europe Price Package:
All Equity packages are tailor-made to suit the needs of our groups. Here are our standard package inclusions:
- Return travel by air or coach
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air
- Or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
Includes full-board accommodation, lift pass, 5 or 6 days ski tuition, skis boots, poles and helmet, dedicated resort representative service and 24 hour emergency service.
The Equity Ski Europe package in detail:
- Return travel by Air or Coach (Air packages include overseas airport transfer. Coach to UK airport from school is available as an optional extra.)
- All security charges, airport and local taxes
- 1 free staff place for every 10 full paying passengers by Air or 1 free staff place for every 8 full paying passengers by Coach
- Full-board accommodation
- Dedicated resort representative service
- Evening entertainment programme (optional)
- Full use of your coach in resort (coach groups only and subject to EU drivers hours regulations)
Ski Pack Inclusions...
- Lift-pass. Supplements are payable for extension areas in some resorts
- 5 or 6 days of ski tuition (minimum 4 hours per day. Additional tuition is available for a supplement)
- Skis, boots and poles
- 24 hour emergency service
- All travel documentation, luggage labels and resort information
- Personalised customer service throughout from your knowledgeable tour coordinator
Extras to budget for...
- Evening entertainments
Excellent skiing, convenient location. Lots of well groomed piste.
Party Leader, Serre Chevalier, 2016
OTHER FRENCH SCHOOL SKI TRIPS